In 1960’s Xanax(Alprazolam) was found by Upjohn Labs as a sleep aid with muscle relaxation properties.After sometimes analyzer learned that it had some other properties too. So, it was found to be effective for anxiety and panic disorder. And in 1981 the FDA approved these uses. Xanax belongs to a group of drug Benzodiazepine used to treat anxiety and panic disorders. Alprazolam is a generic name of Xanax which is marketed as an alternative to Valium. These medicines also used to treat problems associated with depression. These medicine can also be determine for the treatment of seizures, sleep disturbances, depression, dipole disorder and other conditions. It is a hypnotic, which is commonly familiar as a sleeping tablet and generally prescribe for short-term use only. Sometimes these medications are also known as Tranquilizers due to their calming effects.
How does Xanax work:
This medicine is commonly used for the treatment of anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder or social anxiety disorder and especially of panic disorder caused by depression.
It works immediately by affecting the way in which signals are sent to the brain causing you to feel sleepy.
It helps to works by slowing down the movement of chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced.
The does Xanax work reduces the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep and increases the length of time you spend sleeping.
This medication also works in to treat depression, fear of open spaces (agoraphobia), and premenstrual syndrome.
It works to reduce the physical tension, restlessness, and feelings of unease common with anxiety.
These tablets produce good fast acting results, immediate eliciting feelings of calm and quickly decreasing panic disorder symptoms.
Dosage for Xanax Tablets:
The available dosage in XANAX comes in 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, 2 mg and 3mg.
Initial dosage for treating panic attacks is 0.5 mg 3 times daily.
Initial dosage to treating anxiety is 0.25mg to 0.5 mg 3 to 4 times daily using for immediate release.
Different types of XANAX:
White Xanax Bars: these bars are a 2-milligram dose. this is a very high dose of Xanax.
Green Xanax: These green pills are very similar to the white and yellow bars. they have come in 2 mg of Xanax.
Blue Xanax: The blue is a 1-milligram dose, which has an oval or elliptical shape.
Yellow Xanax: this is a generic form of the drug and it will come 2 mg of Alprazolam or Xanax.
Liquid Xanax: It is actually available in a liquid form. It comes in a small bottle and each ml of the drug accounts for 2 mg.
Peach Xanax: In few cases, the doctor prescribe you with a lower dose and it is not more than a 5 mg dosage of Xanax.
Pink Xanax: The pink Xanax is a 0.5 mg dose which is suitable for treating panic and anxiety disorders.
- It is very important that check our progress at regular visits to make sure this medicine is working properly.
- While you are pregnant don’t take these pills it will harm our unborn baby. So, tell your doctor right away.
- It may not good for some people especially older people. It will affect such as drowsy, dizzy or less alert than they are normally.
- Don’t stop your medicine without checking your doctor. this may help to prevent a worsening of our conditions.
- Xanax medicines will affect if you drink alcohol.
- Do not take other medicines without discussed your doctor.
- After a few weeks, you feel that these pills are not working as well as it was in the beginning, speak to your doctor as your dose may need adjusting.
- Do not increase your dose without telling to your doctor first.